Are you ready to improve or add a terminal?
Automation Zone designs, programs and integrates your grain storage bin handling system allowing you to manually turn on each conveyor or simply select the grain flow path by touch on the screen. This method automatically provides the interlocks and safeties to sequentially start and stop your system for worry-free grain transportation. The systems are designed with future expansion in mind, are easily customizable and can be set up for either new or existing bin sites. These systems were developed between Automation Zone along with numerous local farmers, contractors and dealers to deliver the best possible product to the end user.
- Reduce or eliminate the need for someone to remain at the bin site since equipment start-up and shut-down is automatic.
- Improve motor, gearbox and conveyor life through the use of VFD (Variable Frequency Drives) which provides smooth acceleration and constant monitoring of motor information.
- Monitor from remote locations important parameters such as motor current, bin levels and grain moisture from a computer, phone or tablet anytime and anywhere.
- Able to integrate with existing bin controls or dryer programs for one complete system.
- Reduce downtime through email / text alerts which indicate exactly where and when equipment has shut down.
- Able to blend out of two or more bins.
- Documented electrical drawings allowing for easy termination and trouble shooting.
Example of a typical Grain Bin Handling System overview screen:
The system is controlled through a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), which acts as "the brains" of your system. We will also add an HMI(Human Machine Interface) with touchscreen capabilities or a PC with a keyboard to allow for easy bin management. The control panel is built in our UL Panel shop and is checked out by an electrical engineer. Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) can be added to not only stop and start your conveyors, fans, gates, and other devices but also control the speed of the motor to lessen the wear and tear of your mechanical equipment. If stop and start functionality is all you may need then adding contactors can be the most cost effective route.
The system will start when the operator easily selects, on either the HMI or computer screen, the flow of grain through your system. Once the selection is made the system will automatically start the conveyors in sequential order for the selected path. Once started the required interlocks are automatically monitored to avoid overfilling, plugging, or back legging. Once the transfer is complete the system will automatically and sequentially stop. The system also allows for manual control of all fans, conveyors, slide gates and distributors. When upgrading an existing system it will allow the use your existing motor controls.
Adjust speed on-the-fly and have real-time display of motor currents through the use of VFD’s all while enhancing your maintenance capabilities which include being able to inspect your elevator buckets at a crawl speed, or temporarily reverse a motor.
Mobile and Wireless Solutions:
How would you like to be able to monitor and control your grain and drying systems from mobile phone, tablet or home PC? Our software package has design solutions for Android tablets, the iPad, iPhone, or Windows 8 tablets. The package offers remote desktop applications for free or for purchase for all iPad, iPhone, and Android devices and this is an easy solution that offers you full access to your application on the move, or wherever mobile internet connections are available. The package also allows you to receive text messages when an alarm sounds on your system which will reduce your downtime. Our wireless solutions enable you to connect your entire terminal together, monitor video and remotely control the system.
- Grain Terminal with one storage bin, dryer, wet bin, load and unload bins.
- Grain Terminal with two storage bins, dryer, wet bin, electric distributor and load and unload bins.
- Addition to first job for an additional storage bin.
- Grain Terminal with two storage bins, two dryers, wet bin, and load and unload bins.
- Addition to first job for an additional storage bin and wet bin.
- Grain Terminal with two storage bins, dryer, wet bin, and load and unload bins.
- Rebuild of controls for Zimmerman Dryer.
- New VFD’s for fans along with amp controller for pit conveyor.
WE WORK WITH YOUR MECHANICAL CONTRACTOR TO DESIGN, BUILD AND SUPPLY THE ELECTRICAL CABINET IN YOUR ELECTRICAL ROOM
WE WORK WITH YOUR CHOICE OF ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS TO MAKE CONNECTIONS TO MOTORS, SENSORS, ETC.
WE INTEGRATE THE TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE WITH YOUR ANCILLARY EQUIPMENT; DRYERS, TANK MONITORS (TEMP & MOISTURE), FANS, DISTRIBUTORS, ETC.